My design and programming bookmarks now live at this GitHub repo.
My dev toolkit
- For NES development, I use NESASM 3 (compiler), YY-CHR (graphics tool), FamiTracker (music tool), FCEUX (emulator), HxD (hex editor), and VS Code (IDE).
- I use Adobe Photoshop for prototyping, editing photos, and making animated GIFs. I use Adobe Illustrator for creating vector art and Adobe InDesign for page layout.
- I use git and GitHub for source control and sharing code.
- I split my time between a PC (Surface Book) and a Mac (5K iMac).
- I use Wakatime to track how much time I spend coding in various languages and on various projects:
Art and code friends
- Alan Watts (Austin)
- Andy Reitano (NYC)
- Ben Esposito (LA)
- Devine Lu Linvega (Montreal)
- Jenny Jiao Hsia (NYC)
- Jeremiah Johnson (NYC)
- Katie Rose Pipkin (Pittsburgh)
- Kenji Kishi (Tokyo)
- Kent Sheely (LA)
- Nathalie Lawhead (Irvine)
- Robby Kraft (NYC)
- Sarah Grant (Berlin/NYC)
- Skot Deeming (Montreal)
- Suz Hinton (NYC)
- Wiley Wiggins (Austin)
- Animation Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse, Jem and the Holograms, Kimagure Orange Road, Maison Ikkoku, My Little Pony, Sailor Moon
- Arcades Babycastles, Hello Kitty Kawaii Paradise, Icchoume Playland, Musee Mecanique, Museum of Human Amusement
- Artists/designers Aaron Douglas, Akemi Takada, April Greiman, the Atlas Group, Bruno Munari, Paul Rand, Sadie Benning, Susan Kare, Stereo Tennis
- Books 6502 Assembly Language Programming, '80s Girly Design Collection, The Archive, As Long as It's Pink, Design Noir, The Elements of Style, Feminism and Youth Culture, From Barbie to Mortal Kombat, The Future of Nostalgia, The Man-Made World, No More Rules, Steal like an Artist, Understanding Jim Crow, Ways of Seeing, Women, Media, and Consumption in Japan
- Comics Archie, Barbie/Barbie Fashion, Ghost World, It Ain't Me Babe, Nancy, Video Girl Ai
- Films Electric Dreams, A Girl's Own Story, Space is the Place, Xanadu
- Video games and software After Dark, Animal Crossing, Herpit series, Katamari Damacy series, Kirby's Adventure, Otocky, Pico-8, Magical Shop, Sim City, Skate 3, Sonic Dreams Collection, Style Savvy series, Tomodachi Collection, Zero Zero